Zimmerman to sue NBC over edited 911 tape
NBC News launched an internal probe after broadcasting an edited version of Zimmerman's call to police
NEW YORK — Lawyers for George Zimmerman will sue NBC News over editing of his 911 call to police after he shot Trayvon Martin in Florida, the New York Post reported.
Steve Capus, NBC news president, and correspondent Ron Allen, who was the network's "Today" show reporter covering the shooting in Sanford, Fla., will be named in the complaint, the newspaper said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Zimmerman to sue NBC over edited 911 tape
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman