Drunk Fla. woman calls 911 because she's lonely
She was arrested on a charge of abuse of 911, she had called for the same reason 5 times in March
VERO BEACH, Fla. — A Florida woman who called 911 to report a medical issue later admitted she dialed the emergency number because she was lonely, police said.
Indian River County sheriff's deputies said Fleurette French, 64, called 911 March 30 for a medical issue and responders came to her Vero Beach home around 8:10 p.m., TCPalm.com reported Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drunk Fla. woman calls 911 because she's lonely
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds