Drunk Fla. woman calls 911 because she's lonely
She was arrested on a charge of abuse of 911, she had called for the same reason 5 times in March
VERO BEACH, Fla. — A Florida woman who called 911 to report a medical issue later admitted she dialed the emergency number because she was lonely, police said.
Indian River County sheriff's deputies said Fleurette French, 64, called 911 March 30 for a medical issue and responders came to her Vero Beach home around 8:10 p.m., TCPalm.com reported Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drunk Fla. woman calls 911 because she's lonely
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help