Audio: Dispatcher laughs at man reporting woman on fire
The dispatcher giggled after the man told her his car caught fire and badly burned his girlfriend
My Fox Philly
PIMA COUNTY, Ariz. — An Arizona 9-1-1 dispatcher is in hot water for cracking up under pressure. The Pima County dispatcher got the giggles while taking a call about a woman on fire.
Lalo Delgado, the man making the frantic call, says it's no laughing matter. He says his girlfriend caught on fire in a freak accident after his car burst into flames. He was stuck in the middle of nowhere and really needed help fast. He got cackles instead of concern, and he had to dial 9-1-1 again and call for help a second time.
Pima County officials say that the incident did not delay the response time, but they are investigating the call.
Full Story: Arizona 9-1-1 Dispatcher Under Fire For Laughing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber