Tenn. police music video aims to cut down on 911 calls
Officer Jeff Carson repeatedly belts out the non-emergency number in a catchy tune
By Kevin Young
FRANKLIN, Tenn. — The Franklin Police Department is hoping a catchy new song will help cut down on a problem that puts people's lives at risk.
Franklin officers say people call 911 even when they don't have a life-threatening emergency.
Officer Jeff Carson (featured in the video) is a six-year veteran with the department and a former recording artist.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court