Audio: 911 call from deadly Texas rampage released
Terrell police release 911 recordings from shooting rampage that left five people dead
By Tanya Eiserer
TERRELL, Texas — Begging for police to come quickly, a woman tells a Terrell 911 operator that a man had broken in and tried to shoot her and a friend.
The recording was the last of a half-dozen 911 recordings released Tuesday from the night that authorities say Charles Brownlow Jr. went on a shooting rampage that left his mother, Mary Catherine Brownlow, 61; his aunt, Belinda Walker, 55, and three others dead.
Brownlow, 36, is currently being held without bond in the Kaufman County jail on a charge of capital murder and evading arrest.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic