Xplore Technologies unveils new rugged tablet
The rugged tablet can withstand dust and water and be used with gloves
By PoliceOne Staff
Xplore Technologies released the XC6 Series DMSR Tablet, a dual-mode sunlight-readable rugged tablet PC for law enforcement and military markets.
Features of the tablet include an Intel Core i5 processor, 16 GB of DDR3L RAM, an active thermal management system, and resistive multi-touch display.
The XC6 is IP67 certified, meaning it can withstand dust and water, and features a 7-foot drop rating.
According to the company, a 30 percent increase in display brightness allows the tablet to be used in direct sunlight and can operate wet and when used with gloves.
Italso is equipped with 4G LTE, single or dual RAID configurable SSDs, an active cooling fan, HD camera, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, and touts up to 8.5 hours of battery life.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department