FULL LIST OF Communications - page 3 Tips
Write better, more descriptive reports. Never lose your work to a crashed computer. Surf the Internet with the prowess of a teenager. Find exactly the section of a document you need to see. How? Shortcut keys. Highlight any word in either Microsoft Word (word processing) or Outlook (email), hold down the “shift” key and punch the F7 key and you'll get an assortment of synonyms from which you may choose.
Transfer digital data between departments–
Say there is a fatal accident on one of your local roadways and the Department of Transportation wants to take a look at digial images taken at the scene. I use a simple and professional Web-based tool to transfer data
How to always have cell phone power available–
I sent this to a lot of people deploying to Hurricane Rita, but thought it would be good for all emergency personnel to carry, especially when there's no power available.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court