NYPD to receive $5 million in seized drug money
The New York Sun
The NYPD will receive about $5 million through the Department of Justice Equitable Sharing program, which is about $4 million more than any other of the roughly 20 municipal police departments across the country that take part in the program.
Other city agencies will also see a portion of the funds, including about $100,000 for the Bronx District Attorney's Office and about $50,000 for the New York City District Attorney's office.
The department's program is designed to enhance cooperation among federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
Copyright 2007 The New York Sun, One SL, LLC
All Rights Reserved
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops