In search of safety; Cops and burglary victims stress vigilance over fear
BY JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER
Armed burglars who targeted occupied Long Island homes prompted even Gov. George Pataki to pledge in October that police here would have every resource at their disposal.
It put Suffolk Police Commissioner Richard Dormer and County Executive Steve Levy on the defensive, reiterating at every opportunity that Suffolk is a safe place to live.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house