In search of safety; Cops and burglary victims stress vigilance over fear
BY JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER
Armed burglars who targeted occupied Long Island homes prompted even Gov. George Pataki to pledge in October that police here would have every resource at their disposal.
It put Suffolk Police Commissioner Richard Dormer and County Executive Steve Levy on the defensive, reiterating at every opportunity that Suffolk is a safe place to live.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help