Homicides up drastically in LA county; officials blame resources
Richard Winton and Megan Garvey, Times Staff Writers
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
Homicides in territories patrolled by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department rose 15% last year, part of a steady increase over the last three years that contrasts with a sharp decline in killings in the city of Los Angeles.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help