Fla. chief moves cops from desk job to street patrol
By Jim Leusner
ORLANDO, Fla. — Orlando's police chief is taking cops out of the office and putting them on the streets to help fight crime in 25 "hot zones" across the city.
"Operation All Hands On Deck," as the campaign is called, started Sunday. McCoy unveiled it a week after the FBI reported statistics showing that violent crime in Orlando was up 13 percent last year, 10 times the national figure.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police