Authorities arrest Md. man featured in 'Stop Snitching' video
The Associated Press
BALTIMORE- A man featured prominently in a homemade DVD dubbed "Stopped Snitching" that warned Baltimore residents not to cooperate with police has been arrested, authorities said.
Thomas faces charges of assault, robbery and probation violation stemming from two incidents in February. He was being held on $30,000 (euro24,556) bail at Central Booking, according to Margaret T. Burns, a spokeswoman with the Baltimore state's attorney's office.
Authorities said they also found evidence that Thomas was working on a sequel to the "Stop Snitching" DVD, which had been distributed on the city's streets.
The video featured drug dealers warning residents they could "get a hole in their head" for cooperating with police. It created an uproar after Carmelo Anthony, the Denver Nuggets basketball star and Baltimore native, appeared briefly in the background. Anthony has said he was not aware of the DVD's message.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police