Pa. CAP cadets help search for missing pilot
Copyright 2006 Lebanon Daily News
All Rights Reserved
By LINWOOD OUTLAW III
Lebanon Daily News
ST. THOMAS, Pa. — Cody Neiswender does not mind an occasional break from school, but his most recent hiatus from class served a far greater purpose than getting some extra sleep or hanging out with friends.
The 16-year-old Neiswender and six others from the Lebanon VFW Cadet Squadron arrived at St. Thomas Township Fire and Emergency Medical Service Co. in Franklin County Wednesday evening to help the ground-search team find the Cessna 172 aircraft flown by David Weiss, 72, of Bethesda, Md. Weiss was reported missing after failing to report back to the Gaithersburg, Md., airport Tuesday afternoon. His body was found yesterday inside the wreckage of the plane near the Maryland line.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. CAP cadets help search for missing pilot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house