Gun crisis on display in Philadelphia
May 3, 2006 - Fifteen-hundred guns put on display in the formal reception room at Philadelphia City Hall. If you guessed that these guns were used in crimes, you'd be right. Lawmen want to add one more gun to the collection.
The instruments of destruction that have been stealing the soul of this city were brought to the very heart of City Hall for all to see. And what a sobering sight it was. Hoping to trigger an intense political argument for tougher gun laws in unison with other cities, the city put on a dramatic display of what this is all about.
If you thought they had a weapons problem in Iraq, the city wants you to look at what's going on in Philadelphia. There are 1500 weapons that were confiscated by Philadelphia police since January. And we're not even half way through the year yet...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms