Chiefs, mayors order local cops: Leave catching illegal immigrants to the feds
Copyright 2006 Gannett Company, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
CHICAGO- Despite a federal effort to enlist help from local police to catch illegal immigrants, some of the USA's biggest cities are declining to enforce immigration laws.
Police chiefs, mayors and city councils are ordering local cops not to get involved as federal agents crack down on people in the country illegally.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help