Utah officers' 'blue flu' sickens residents
By Linda Fantin and Lisa Rosetta
The Salt Lake Tribune
Copyright 2006 The Salt Lake Tribune
All Rights Reserved
OGDEN - Perhaps it's the proximity to Hill Air Force Base or the city's economic reliance on defense contractors, but people in this blue-collar city have little sympathy for those who would abandon, even temporarily, their duty.
"It's desertion," says 20-year-old Chris Baldwin, a resident of North Ogden.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah officers' 'blue flu' sickens residents
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms