LAPD scoots into the future
The department is employing such Space Age innovations as 'smart' cars and high-tech three-wheelers.
By Bob Pool
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — With red-and-blue lights flashing and sirens wailing, LAPD Officers Garrett Breegle and Paul Rodriguez were hurtling into law enforcement's future.
Maybe hurtling is not the right word. Breegle and Rodriguez were doing all of 10 mph as they patrolled the area between downtown's toy and flower districts.
They were aboard Space Age-looking scooters that have come to symbolize the high-tech turn that police work is taking in Los Angeles.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: LAPD scoots into the future
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house