'New York-style' crackdown tactics fail smaller cities, towns
Other cities concentrate on community policing
By Mark Fazlollah
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Everyone knows about the near-miraculous decrease of crime and violence in New York, triggered in part by an intense crackdown on minor offenses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds