Citizens help Va. police catch burglar
By Dave Foster
SUFFOLK, Va. — A citizen helped a police officer thwart a robbery early Sunday at a restaurant, police said today.
Officer T.A. Smith was on patrol just after midnight Sunday when a citizen stopped him and told him about a masked man at the Feather-N-Fin restaurant in the 700 block of E. Washington St., said Lt. D.J. George, a department spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Citizens help Va. police catch burglar
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house