Seattle police praised for handling of Obama rallies
By Casey McNerthney and Scott Guiterrez
SEATTLE — Across Seattle, on Web sites, in bars and in coffee shops, people were still abuzz about Tuesday's historic election and the celebrations that spilled into streets in Seattle and elsewhere after Barack Obama was elected to become the 44th president of the United States.
The thousands who took to Seattle's streets Tuesday night also gave police something to appreciate: There were no arrests and no reports of vandalism.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman