Tenn. police reach out to kids to prevent violence
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Whenever time allows, Lt. Corliss Cooper returns to Calvin Donaldson Elementary School to read to students.
A graduate of the 37th Street school, the Chattanooga Police Department officer understands that keeping children excited about learning increases their chances of graduating.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation