Tenn. police reach out to kids to prevent violence
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Whenever time allows, Lt. Corliss Cooper returns to Calvin Donaldson Elementary School to read to students.
A graduate of the 37th Street school, the Chattanooga Police Department officer understands that keeping children excited about learning increases their chances of graduating.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper