Tenn. police reach out to kids to prevent violence
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Whenever time allows, Lt. Corliss Cooper returns to Calvin Donaldson Elementary School to read to students.
A graduate of the 37th Street school, the Chattanooga Police Department officer understands that keeping children excited about learning increases their chances of graduating.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police