Ohio residents say police suggested they move from crime-ridden neighborhood
By Mark Ferenchik
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Allen Carrel recently called police to tell them about the latest drug deal he watched go down in his South Side neighborhood.
"Police say, 'Well, why did you move here? Why don't you move out if you don't like it?' " said Carrel, who said he calls police at least once a week.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help