Calif. police ramping up evidence-based policing
Research will help the department focus its efforts to benefit the community
By Jesse B. Gill
Redlands Daily Facts
REDLANDS, Calif. — The Police Department is ramping up its efforts to use a scientific approach in suppressing crime.
On Dec. 6, police corporals, sergeants and lieutenants filed into the Carriage House at Prospect Park for training in evidence-based police techniques. Dr. Cynthia Lum traveled from George Mason University near Washington D.C. to train the Redlands police personnel.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police ramping up evidence-based policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house