Billboards continue to help FBI fight crime
The growing network now covers more than 40 states
Crime fighting doesn't get much simpler than this: When Virginia drug suspect Edward Myricks eyed his photo on a giant digital billboard, he knew his run from the authorities was over.
"We posted his photo on billboards in Newark (after learning the suspect had traveled there), and when he saw the billboards, he turned himself in on March 11," FBI spokesman Chris Allen says.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Billboards continue to help FBI fight crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help