Retired Chicago cop is buried, fondly remembered
William A. Parker Sr. told his officers: 'The blue shirt will only get you so far. You have to give respect to receive respect.'
By Mary Mitchell
The Chicago Sun-Times
William A. Parker Sr., a former Chicago Police officer, died May 4. He was 75 years old.
Most of you probably have not heard of Parker, although he gained some recognition for testifying about alleged torture during Jon Burge's reign.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Retired Chicago cop is buried, fondly remembered
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house