Fla. teens raise money for fallen officers' families
The "Fallen Heroes Paintball Game" is a noncompetitive event for kids and adults
By Kevin Smetana
St. Petersburg Times
BRANDON, Fla. — On the paintball field, Jeffrey Kocab had the speed to fill multiple positions while playing at a competitive level. A member of the Tampa Bay Vengeance paintball organization, he was good enough to play in out-of-state tournaments. Mostly, though, he participated in local events. Kocab, a Tampa police officer, was a captain on a team of teenagers, serving also as their mentor.
Kocab and fellow Officer David Curtis, both 31, were shot and killed in the line of duty June 29. Dontae Morris, charged with their murders, remains in jail.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests