NC Chief helps kids deal with bullies
In the wake of several bully-related suicides, he told students be responsible for their actions and avoid peer pressure
By Ryan Seals
Greensboro News & Record
GREENSBORO — A class of Greensboro fifth-graders got tips Monday on responsibility, accountability and how to deal with bullies, straight from the city's top cop.
Police Chief Ken Miller visited for nearly two hours with 22 students from Kathy Harding's class at Claxton Elementary as part of a character development initiative at Guilford County Schools.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NC Chief helps kids deal with bullies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic