Maine play lets cops be cops, kids be kids
One of the theatrical productions, ''Radio Calls,'' is by Portland police officers and is about their interactions with the youth
By Bob Keyes
Portland Press Herald
PORTLAND, Maine — Students and police officers get the chance to air their beefs about their lives, their jobs and their attitudes toward one another in an evening of original drama.
Art at Work, a national initiative piloted by the city of Portland to improve government through art, presents ''Forest City Times'' from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 9 at Rines Auditorium in Portland Public Library.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine play lets cops be cops, kids be kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help