Child center opens at Ill. PD
The center offers services like after-school homework help for children and English as a Second Language and basic computer skills for adults
By Ashok Selvam
Chicago Daily Herald
When Hoffman Estates police moved into their new station over the summer, it provided an opportunity for Schaumburg Elementary District 54.
The district offers a bevy of services through its Early Childhood Resource Centers, but many of them were out of reach for families living near the police station, east of the intersection at Higgins and Golf roads.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Child center opens at Ill. PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help