Child center opens at Ill. PD
The center offers services like after-school homework help for children and English as a Second Language and basic computer skills for adults
By Ashok Selvam
Chicago Daily Herald
When Hoffman Estates police moved into their new station over the summer, it provided an opportunity for Schaumburg Elementary District 54.
The district offers a bevy of services through its Early Childhood Resource Centers, but many of them were out of reach for families living near the police station, east of the intersection at Higgins and Golf roads.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Child center opens at Ill. PD
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds