'Kill Bill' actress rides with Oregon police
Daryl Hannah and the officers patrolled strip clubs and areas known for prostitution
PORTLAND, Ore. — Actress Daryl Hannah, an activist against child sex slavery, rode with police in Oregon over the weekend as they patrolled strip clubs and areas known for prostitution.
KGW reports Hannah was in Portland for a weekend conference against sex trafficking. She says she was shocked to learn a majority of the girls in the strip clubs are represented by pimps.
Hannah is supporting a bill sponsored by Sen. Ron Wyden that would fund shelters for young women to help them escape sex trafficking.
Hannah's credits include "Kill Bill," "Blade Runner" and "A Walk To Remember."
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy