Web site to show city crime trends
The system, called Crime Maps, lets users search a year's worth of crimes on a block-by-block level
By Frank Main
Thinking of moving, but don't want to get stuck on a high-crime block?
At 10 a.m. today, Trulia, a residential real-estate website, is expected to launch a new mapping tool that allows home buyers, sellers and renters to look at citywide crime trends in 50 metropolitan areas, including Chicago.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Web site to show city crime trends
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help