Pa. Senate votes to expand 'castle doctrine'
Legislation strengthens citizens' right to use deadly force against attackers
By Amy Worden and Larry King
The Philadelphia Inquirer
HARRISBURG, Penn. — In Pennsylvania, as in most states, your home is your castle and you have a right to defend it.
Soon, you will be able to add your car. Or the sidewalk. Or anywhere you "have the legal right to be."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. Senate votes to expand 'castle doctrine'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds