School bus driver fired after helping cops
George Daw was driving during a hailstorm when he saw the unmarked police car filling with water
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. — A New York state school bus driver said he was fired for giving a ride to a pair of police officers whose car had flooded during a hailstorm.
George Daw said he was driving the Educational Bus Transport of Copiague vehicle in New Hyde Park during a hailstorm Aug. 1 with a teenage passenger and a bus matron on board when he came across the unmarked police car filling with water, NBC New York reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: School bus driver fired after helping cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman