School bus driver fired after helping cops
George Daw was driving during a hailstorm when he saw the unmarked police car filling with water
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. — A New York state school bus driver said he was fired for giving a ride to a pair of police officers whose car had flooded during a hailstorm.
George Daw said he was driving the Educational Bus Transport of Copiague vehicle in New Hyde Park during a hailstorm Aug. 1 with a teenage passenger and a bus matron on board when he came across the unmarked police car filling with water, NBC New York reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: School bus driver fired after helping cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court