Cops and bars collaborate to reduce crime in Md.
Troubled area had seen spike in homicides
By Sara Blumberg
BOOMTOWN, Md. — It's a little before midnight Friday when county police Officer Aaron Green and Lt. Steve Thomas drive into Boomtown, blue-and-red emergency lights blazing, parking their vehicles in the median of Route 175.
"Time to check in," Green says as he gets out of the car and walks across the road into the My Place Bar & Lounge.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cops and bars collaborate to reduce crime in Md.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests