Police release unfinished text from teen as stark reminder
Alexander Heit, 22, was writing the message when his vehicle drifted onto oncoming traffic, and he went off the road
The Bismarck Tribune
DENVER — Alexander Heit's final text cut off in mid-sentence. Before he could send it, police say the 22-year-old University of Northern Colorado student drifted into oncoming traffic, jerked the steering wheel and went off the road, rolling his car.
Heit died shortly after the April 3 crash, but his parents and police are hoping the photo of the mundane text on his iPhone will serve as a stark reminder to drivers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Media Relations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy