Video: Calif. man uses UFC moves to subdue carjacker
The Ultimate Fighting fan managed to get the suspect into a choke hold and keep him there until police arrived
By Suzanne Phan
STOCKTON, Calif. — Abel Simmons has been a huge fan of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) for years. But never did he imagine that he would be using the moves to defend himself or his family from a carjacking suspect. Simmons, 29, was able to stop and hold down his attacker until police came.
Simmons says his family was pulling up to their home on E. Jefferson Street Saturday night. They were in the driveway when a man came up and started pounding on the back window of their SUV. Simmons, who was sitting in the passenger seat, jumped out out and tried to stop the man.
"I had him in a guillotine choke. And he wasn't getting out of that. I had that lock really tight," said Simmons. "I just held him in place and said, 'Well, guess you are going to jail tonight buddy.'"
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms