Video: Bystander catches Va. cop's good deed at daycare
Officer scooped up children getting off a school bus, two at a time, and carried them through deep water to their day care
By Mark Holmberg
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Brad Watkins stopped his vehicle, saw the flooded street in front of a daycare and a noticed a police officer working the scene. He figured something bad had happened. He grabbed his cellphone and started filming.
“It was really heavy water coming through here,” he recalled.
He held his phone steady as he watched Officer Michael Green scoop up the children getting off a school bus, two at a time, and carry them through the water to the day care.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help