Mich. Police Take Community Policing to The Airwaves
Grand Rapids, Mich. -- It's called "Looking Beyond the Blue" and is brought to you by the Grand Rapids Police Department.
24 Hour News 8 got a sneak peek at the show at the police department on Monday.
The GRPD will air monthly half hour broadcasts and publish a web site about its community policing efforts. The show will give the people of Grand Rapids a behind the scenes look at police department activities.
Grant money pays for the TV show which airs this Wednesday and Friday on Livewire (Channel 24) at 9:00 p.m., as well as Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds