IACP launches COVID-19 clearinghouse to support LE response to national emergency
The resource hub provides IACP members with the tools, information and resources they need to keep officers and their communities safe from COVID-19
By Sarah Calams
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) has launched a centralized clearinghouse of COVID-19 resources in response to the rapid outbreak of the novel coronavirus across the world.
The centralized clearinghouse provides law enforcement members with the tools, information and resources they need to keep officers and their communities safe as the spread of COVID-19 continues.
- IACP policy consideration documents to help agencies prepare for and deal with COVID-19 challenges;
- Policy examples that have been implemented by agencies around the world;
- Information from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Expert articles that outline best practices for agencies dealing with COVID-19.
The IACP's COVID-19 resource hub will include information sheets that can be personalized to your agency, including:
- Organizational readiness: Ensuring your agency is prepared for COVID-19;
- General fact sheet;
- Staying healthy as a police officer.
Officials have also launched a COVID-19 Response Discussion Group, where IACP members can ask questions and share resources via an online community regarding COVID-19 and its impact on the law enforcement community. To access the IACP member-only platform, click here.
For more information, visit the IACP website.