CO dies of heart attack running to assist others
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, suddenly collapsed on his way to help other officers with inmates
By PoliceOne Staff
BEAUMONT, Texas — A correctional officer died of a heart attack Sunday when he suddenly collapsed while responding to a body alarm at FCC Beaumont in Texas.
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, had served with the Federal Bureau of Prisons for only 11 months, according to ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert