CO dies of heart attack running to assist others
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, suddenly collapsed on his way to help other officers with inmates
By PoliceOne Staff
BEAUMONT, Texas — A correctional officer died of a heart attack Sunday when he suddenly collapsed while responding to a body alarm at FCC Beaumont in Texas.
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, had served with the Federal Bureau of Prisons for only 11 months, according to ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court