Neb. CO brain dead after inmate attack
Amanda Baker, 24, was pronounced brain dead after a teen inmate strangled her Friday
By PoliceOne Staff
SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. — A Scotts Bluff County corrections officer has been declared brain dead after she was strangled by a teenage inmate Friday.
Dylan Cardeilhac, 15, is suspected of attacking 24-year-old correctional officer Amanda Baker, according to Omaha.com.
Cardeilhac was in isolation and had already been facing charges of attempted murder after an armed robbery.
Baker had worked at the Scotts Bluff County Detention Center since 2012 in both the adult and juvenile corrections facilities at the detention center. She leaves behind a son.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police