Corrections Video: Thompson Peace Story — Sucking teeth in an L.A. jail
In this week's CorrectionsOne Video Tip, Dr. George Thompson, founder of the world-renowned Verbal Judo, discusses a way to deflect verbal assaults from inmates.
An inmate knows that sucking your teeth at a corrections officer can be an effective way to get the officer angry and not retain their cool. Dr. Thompson shares a pair of stories from a L.A. jail on how to tactically control this type of verbal assault.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert