Woman tries to smuggle drugs, scalpel into N.Y. prison in tampon
By Leigh Hornbeck, Staff Writer
The Times Union
COMSTOCK - A Connecticut woman faces felony charges after she allegedly tried to smuggle drugs and a scalpel into Great Meadow state prison in a tampon, authorities said Tuesday. Cassandra D. Jones, 42, of 100 Cold Springs Road, Rocky Hill, Conn., was visiting an inmate whose name was not released, according to Linda Foglia, a state Department of Corrections spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police