Corrections officer charged after 6-yr.-old grandson shoots self
Editor's Note: Officers face a critical decision when they bring their weapons home. The problem of keeping your gun readily available without jeopardizing the safety of a child can be a difficult balancing act. Be sure to read our previous coverage, Kids & Guns: Strategies for avoiding firearms tragedies as well as the follow-up from our readers.
By Annie Sweeney
The Chicago Sun-Times
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman