Corrections officer charged after 6-yr.-old grandson shoots self
Editor's Note: Officers face a critical decision when they bring their weapons home. The problem of keeping your gun readily available without jeopardizing the safety of a child can be a difficult balancing act. Be sure to read our previous coverage, Kids & Guns: Strategies for avoiding firearms tragedies as well as the follow-up from our readers.
By Annie Sweeney
The Chicago Sun-Times
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help