South Carolina escapees captured at motel
The Associated Press
COLUMBIA, South Carolina- Two violent felons who escaped from a maximum-security prison by hiding on a trash truck were captured early Thursday afternoon, a State Law Enforcement Division official said.
Jimmy Causey, 35, a convicted kidnapper, and Johnny Brewer, 39, a convicted murderer, had been on the loose since Tuesday, when they escaped from the Broad River Correctional Institution in Columbia.
They were apprehended at a motel along busy Interstate 95 in Ridgeland, about 125 miles south of Columbia, State Law Enforecment Division Chief Robert Stewart said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper