Prisoner walks out of jail, sets off hunt in Ark.
Gary Andrew Johns, 35, was awaiting trial on charges of firstdegree battery and being a felon in possession of a firearm, Capt. Bill Lindsey of the sheriff's office said.
"We're looking into what happened, how it happened," Lindsey said. "He just walked out the back door. The guard wasn't paying attention." Johns was being held in lieu of $250,000 bond.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy