Wave of deadly violence sweeps Ga. state prisons
By CARLOS CAMPOS
ATLANTA, Ga. - A rash of violence swept through the Georgia prison system in March, including three slayings and a bloody scuffle between guards and a handcuffed, mentally ill inmate at Phillips State Prison that left him hospitalized with serious injuries.
The injuries to inmate Bryan T. Graham, and a prison guard he assaulted, were among several incidents that occurred in March including:
* The slayings of inmates Douglas Wren at Coastal State Prison on March 4, Robert Hollis at Georgia State Prison on March 11 and Paul Phillips at Calhoun State Prison on March 27. A second inmate was wounded in the attack at Calhoun.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wave of deadly violence sweeps Ga. state prisons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house