Rikers inmates charged with plot to kill officer
Undercover officer foiled assassination plan
By CHRISTOPHER FAHERTY, Special to the Sun
The New York Sun
QUEENS, N.Y. — City law enforcement officials foiled a plan to kill a police officer allegedly masterminded from inside the Rikers Island jail and two men are being charged in the plot, Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.
The police department and the Queens district attorney's office received information from an informant inside the jail that inmate Andrew Spencer was allegedly devising a scheme to kill a police officer who was to testify against him on gun and assault charges, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rikers inmates charged with plot to kill officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house