N.Y. corrections officer kills man in confrontation
The Associated Press
HEMPSTEAD, NY- An off-duty New York City Department of Correction officer shot and killed a man during a confrontation outside the officer's house early Saturday, police said.
Police were searching for the other man, who fled on foot.
Additional details, including the name of the dead man, were not immediately available.
Nassau County Police Officer Carolyn Kasdorf said officials were still investigating the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court