N.Y. corrections officer kills man in confrontation
The Associated Press
HEMPSTEAD, NY- An off-duty New York City Department of Correction officer shot and killed a man during a confrontation outside the officer's house early Saturday, police said.
Police were searching for the other man, who fled on foot.
Additional details, including the name of the dead man, were not immediately available.
Nassau County Police Officer Carolyn Kasdorf said officials were still investigating the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds